Up-Coming Artist: Chisom


Full name. Age. Nationality. Residence
Chisom Preston Uzosike. 18. Nigerian. Columbia, Maryland


Tell us what you do
    I make music.


How did you get into music?


From an early age, music has been a huge part of my life. My father played alot of soukous (makossa) when I was a child and that is where my love of music started. As I grew older, I began to embrace hip hop. I am influenced by producers like DJ Premier, Pete Rock, and Kanye West. I made my first beat when I was 16 and have been doing it ever since.

Which of your songs would you say is your favorite and why?
"The Igbo Beat" because I was able to mix Nigerian highlife music with Hip Hop. When I listen to it, I can hear the music I grew up with as a child.

What is the secret behind being a successful musician? 
Right now, I am still on the come up, but I strive to stay creative and make music for the love of doing it, and not for the possibility of future profit.

What do you have planned next?
I plan to keep finding music inspiration and promoting my music.


*Fun fact (Chisom is a member of Makossa Kings)* 
I can dance Ndombolo really well!





**** MUSIC BY Chisom****


The Igbo Beat


Feeling You Give


Way To Reflect





Follow Chisom on Twitter

Check out Chisom's music here


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Delicious Facebook Stumbleupon Favorites More