Up-Coming Artist: D-Cal


Full name. Age. Nationality. Residence
Edem Kwame. 19. Ghanaian. Baltimore, Maryland


Tell us what you do
    I began rapping exclusively, then developed my song writing ability. I write R&B records for other artists, I now do a lot of producing and music engineering.


How did you get into music?


I began battle rapping in the 7th grade, then eventually I bought equipment and started dubbing records. Eventually, I taught myself how to mix and master and bought more advanced equipment.

Which of your songs would you say is your favorite and why?
"We Like That" is my favorite record because it highlights the main message that I try to incorporate in most of my songs. It's essentially about resiliency when you're faced with adversity.

What is the secret behind being a successful musician? 
Don't force it. It seems like within the past 3 years, everyone has decided they either want to rap, sing, DJ, or model. These are very rewarding careers if you make it, but it's not for everybody. Over saturating the market with poor material lessens the craft. If it's for you, it'll come with time.

What do you have planned next?
I released a mixtape on Christmas day, so right now, I'm focusing on promo. My next step is completing a few videos, then pushing out a mixtape DJ Reddz in April.

**** MUSIC BY D-Cal****


Aint No Way Around It (Remix)


She Knows


Just Like Her


We Like That





Follow D-Cal on Twitter

Check out D-Cal's music website

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Delicious Facebook Stumbleupon Favorites More